Can someone please help me identify this tool?

I was watching a video on YouTube and they were replacing a broken dial foot.  After setting in the replacement they used some sort of hand milling tool with a hollow center to cut away the excess dried epoxy and make sure that nothing was protruding above the base of the dial foot.  I have the milling tool to cut the recess into the dial and have used it a few times without much issue, but I thought this was a handy little tool to do a bit of extra cleanup on the repair afterwards.  I've used a very thin razor to cut away excess epoxy in the past, but I'd like to locate one of these if possible.  Would anyone know where to source one?  Thank you.

image.thumb.png.908772611b4ce53d87151ff6efefc06a.png

image.thumb.png.8cb6fde5210ac92098029c0343f0cef5.png

On 6/30/2023 at 1:02 AM, Neverenoughwatches said:

I'm not sure if John suggested it but using a pin vice with sharp jaws can work. It might be possible to put an edge on the jaws. I'm about to try on a cheap sliding collar pin vise.

That's a pretty good idea.  I'll give that a try on my next one.  I've been able to use a razor blade under a microscope to get the job done, but it is tedious work.

• 11 months later...

Ok I bought a load of useless horse shit from Japan just to get a couple of crystal press dies that were included (Seiko S-150). Some pliers, hammers etc not all watch related. Some advice is still needed.

IMG_20240626_131420.thumb.jpg.62552ecf16ddc69bb7a6fb817ea24d1e.jpg

Some whetstone I guess. Very smooth surface. Some kind of little staking block. Cylinder full of very small punches? Watch included for scale purposes. Do such small staking sets exist? The one on the left is strange, some kind of cutter? The seller didn't know much about these.

IMG_20240626_131450.thumb.jpg.39898c2cfbb69097afdc050961b6d3e4.jpg

10 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I think it is a stem cutter, if you don't want it, use the words Vintage and Stem cutter, you'll get a fortune on ebay.

Don’t forget “rare and Unique “ 😂 I seem to remember it mentioned somewhere that this style of tool was a factory tool to facilitate rapid trimming of stems in a batch.

Tom

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Malocchio said:

Ok I bought a load of useless horse shit from Japan just to get a couple of crystal press dies that were included (Seiko S-150). Some pliers, hammers etc not all watch related. Some advice is still needed.

IMG_20240626_131420.thumb.jpg.62552ecf16ddc69bb7a6fb817ea24d1e.jpg

Some whetstone I guess. Very smooth surface. Some kind of little staking block. Cylinder full of very small punches? Watch included for scale purposes. Do such small staking sets exist? The one on the left is strange, some kind of cutter? The seller didn't know much about these.

IMG_20240626_131450.thumb.jpg.39898c2cfbb69097afdc050961b6d3e4.jpg

Might be a bench braclet cutter, i have a hand one. @oldhippy i feel will know for sure what this is.

Did a quick ebay search, the bracelet cutter looks promising 

Screenshot_20240626-173905_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, oldhippy said:

Sorry I do not know. It looks to heavy and clumbersom to be a stem cutter. 

Definitely some kind of guillotine, for cutting  pins OH ?  Might not be watch related but the new one looks similar and I've seen vintage ones that almost match up. 

5 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I think it is a stem cutter, if you don't want it, use the words Vintage and Stem cutter, you'll get a fortune on ebay.

Obviously its completely useless so i think the OP should send it my way and i will dispose of it responsibly .

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Might be a bench braclet cutter, i have a hand one. @oldhippy i feel will know for sure what this is.

Did a quick ebay search, the bracelet cutter looks promising 

Ok. I did a brave thing and checked the apparatus from all sides. Turns out it is a watch tool, Gem pat no 435111, a bracelet cutter indeed. Thanks for all the guesses. I really don't see how it works and to be honest I don't really care. I like how it looks so I'll stick with it. IMG_20240626_202538.thumb.jpg.c1002cbb940e64d405f986d60ff98522.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malocchio said:

Ok. I did a brave thing and checked the apparatus from all sides. Turns out it is a watch tool, Gem pat no 435111, a bracelet cutter indeed. Thanks for all the guesses. I really don't see how it works and to be honest I don't really care. I like how it looks so I'll stick with it. IMG_20240626_202538.thumb.jpg.c1002cbb940e64d405f986d60ff98522.jpg

Yey i win , they dont call me Tommy the tool tinkerer for nofin,  I'll pm my address, how soon can i expect it to arrive ? 🙂

1 minute ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Yey i win , they dont call me Tommy the tool tinkerer for nofin,  I'll pm my address, how soon can i expect it to arrive ? 🙂

Haha, just realised my mistake 🤦‍♂️

Think Rich think before you press submit reply  😖

• Like 1
  • Haha 1