1 hour ago, VWatchie said:

I always clean my pallets by hand in clean unused Horosolv using a paint brush and then use Rodico to remove microscopic residues of the degreaser. I always use a brand new piece of Rodico for this purpose and the result naturally looks absolutely perfect because, as you mention, the film left by Rodico cannot be seen. Next, I treat the stones with Fixodrop and then apply Moebius 9415. Does this film you mention have any short-term or long-term negative effects?

I've never done any tests, though I imagine it would be easy enough to do with glass.

For pallet stones, if they don't come out of the machine spotless (it does happen), I clean them with freshly cut pithwood soaked in benzine. Any bits of pithwood left come off with a blower. If I mess up oiling an Incabloc, back in the machine it goes; I'm never happy with how clean they look even out of fresh clean benzine, and I can do other stuff while the (automatic) machine re-cleans them.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 1:38 AM, nickelsilver said:

Most watch companies have effectively banned rodico use, because it leaves a film that oil travels on very easily. It leaves a visually clean surface though.

I use the riduco in my pre-cleaning process. Am I right in assuming any rodico residue will be removed in my Elma parts washer?

16 minutes ago, caseback said:

Am I right in assuming any rodico residue will be removed in my Elma parts washer?

I think we can be fairly certain that the propper cleaning fluids and rinses would remove the rodico residue based on some of the experiments recently carried out

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caseback said:

I use the riduco in my pre-cleaning process. Am I right in assuming any rodico residue will be removed in my Elma parts washer?

I would be hand rinse the residue off in a seperate jar rather than put it through a cleaning machine. I like to keep the main cleaning chemicals as contaminant free as possible. 

6 hours ago, nickelsilver said:

If I mess up oiling an Incabloc, back in the machine it goes; I'm never happy with how clean they look even out of fresh clean benzine, and I can do other stuff while the (automatic) machine re-cleans them.

Do you reapply epilame to recleaned cap stones? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

Do you reapply epilame to recleaned cap stones? 

I think Bergeon says Fixodrop will stick around for a few cleanings; that may have been the case with the old formulation, but it seems to disappear when I clean them. I use Greiner cleaning solutions, which seem quite similar to L&R 111 and their rinse. So I re-apply.

• Like 3