A treasure found in every sense, gold, diamonds and a story.

Dear Clock- and Watchmakers, Black and Locksmiths,

It seems my en-devour with treasure hunting continuous. My watchmaker carrier started by finding an Eterna Dirty Dozen watch in the dirt. Dirty. ๐Ÿ™‚ I bought a bag of old watch parts and in one of the envelope to my surprise there was a ring. A gold ring with stones. It was a job, a job to strengthen the ring but still keeping the size, size M as it became very thin due to wear. The job went to Mr Czypionka Zygfryd Antoni who was a watchmaker and jeweler from Ross-on-Wye. 44 High street if I am correct, but I am not sure about the number the number on the stamp is not completely clear. Then a bit of a research and turned out that Mr Czypionka Zygfryd Antoni was a polish immigrant who got his citizenship on the 27th of May 1960 as you can see it here on London Gazette page: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/42122/page/5719 He is on page 5720 and the list goes up to 5729. Among the immigrants there were 7 Hungarians. Forgot to mention that I am Hungarian so that why I have an interest in it. We are after the WWII, communism was already introduced to the eastern block, certain people became enemy to the state and we are less than 4 years after the Hungarian revolution which produced even more enemies to the state so many flee. Not sure why Mr Czypionka Zygfryd Antoni left though. H.Samual says the stones on the side are diamonds and the middle stone is also a natural stone, but they cannot tell me what it would be without sending it to examination for the cost of ยฃ60. I might just do that because of this story.ย 

Summary from London Gazette:

NATURALISATION
List of Aliens to whom Certificates of Naturalisation have been granted by the Secretary of State and whose Oaths of Allegiance have been registered in the
Home Office during the month of June, 1960.
The date in each case is the date of naturalisation.

Czypionka, Zygfryd Antoni; Poland; Watchmaker ; Everstone Farm, Peter stow, near Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire. 27th May 1960.

The foregoing list contains 639 cases, viz.: Austrian 6, Belgian 2, Czechoslovak 14, Dutch 9, Egyptian 1,Estonian 8, Finnish 2, French 4, German 49, Greek 3,
Hungarian 7, Iranian 1, Iraqi 1, Italian 22, Latvian 20, Lithuanian 12, Palestinian 1, Polish 402, Roumanian 6, Russian 7, Spanish 6, Swiss 1, Turkish 1,
United States of America 6, Yemeni 1, Yugoslav 16, Uncertain nationality 21, Other nationality 10.
Total 639.
Of these two relate to Uncertain nationality and one American of British origin.

The 7 Hungarians:

Abraham, Imre ; Hungary ; Coal Miner ; 4 WarrenTerrace, Peterson Road, Wakefield, Yorkshire. 19th May 1960.
Bertalan, Jeno Janos; Hungary; General Fitter and Welder; 47 Harrington Street, Derby. 5th May 1960.
Brosan, Margit {known as Marguerite, or Margaret Brosan) ; Hungary; Company Director (Property Management); 187 Willesden Lane, London NJW.6. 22nd April 1960.
Kutassy, Zoltan ; Hungary ; Coal Miner ; 33 Elmfield Road, Rossington, near Doncaster, Yorkshire. 10th May 1960.
Marek, Anna Cecilia; Hungary; Housewife; 6 Tetherdown, London N.10. 31st May 1960.
Schnierer, Gyula (or Julius Schnierer) ; Hungarary, Carpenter; Springslade Lodge, near Broadhurst Green, Hednesfprd, Staffordshire, 18th May 1960.
Von-Tucka, Constantine Victor Ludwig; Hungary ; Area Manager (Constructional Engineering) ; 21 River Bank, Laleham Road, Staines, Middlesex. 11th May 1960.
ย 

My best regards,

Lui the treasure hunter (and finder) ๐Ÿ˜‰

IMG_20240618_121323.jpg

IMG_20240618_121410.jpg

IMG_20240618_121455.jpg

• Like 3