Vintage vulcain cricket service uk

Hi relatively bew to collecting vintage watches. Mainly Garrard and Helvetia and anything else that takes my fancy.

But i need help in someone in the Uk prefably inbthe North West or in North Wales wirh the knowledge and knowhow to service my 1950/60s Vulcain Cricket cal 120. Can anyone help?

Yes thankyou for this, i already contacted the Liverpool contact and they had never heard of the watch, so they could not help. I will contact more over the weekend.... Thanks again

6 hours ago, Knebo said:

but not someone who hasn't even heard of the Vulcain Cricket (c'mon!!)

No- no c'mon. Who is it that said they never heard of it- a service shop or someone from a professional organization? Movements are unique but they aren't like servicing exotic cars or flying type in a specific aircraft. I've serviced three Crickets w/120 movements with my lack of professional accreditation. ust look for a shop with accredited service people..

On 6/22/2024 at 9:58 PM, aze said:

i already contacted the Liverpool contact and they had never heard of the watch

@rehajm ☝️

I think the topic creator contacted the Liverpool contact listed on the BHI list. And they never heard of a Cricket.. 

I agree with you that a good watchmaker can service any watch. But a professional watchmaker that never heard of a Vulcain Cricket... to me, I wouldn't trust them 😉

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.