Really annoying ebay practice

Really annoying ebay practice

It's getting to the point that I don't spend time looking at watches. I used to enjoy scrolling about, seeing a watch and clicking to view then click along the photographs. I'm interested in vintage automatics. Therefore I looked. Not intending to buy, but I did enjoy the looking. Sometimes I liked what I saw and did indeed purchase.

Now that is changing. I'm buying less. 

Why? Well ebay have started a practice of watching what I am looking at, then sending me a 5% reduction offer off the price of the item. This notice remains in the summary view for at least two days. As I tend to roam about the views of watches in ebay, the number of offers was sometimes as many a 10 in view. The only way to get rid of the view is to answer the offer, decline and confirm the decline again. Only then can I delete the offer from the summary view.

To stop this practice I no longer view and now very rarely buy.  I do feel sorry for the ebay sellers. 

Edited by rossjackson01
Spelling, Grammar

I'm browse ebay several times a day (I have about a dozen saved searches), and I'm not seeing any of these Ross. But then I turn off all annoying notifications.

It may be that you haven't turned off the marketing preferences.

If you go it to 'Account', then under 'Account Preferences', select 'Communication Preferences'.  Select 'Marketing Communications' and turn off all options.  That should hopefully fix it, and you can resume your leisurely browsing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

I'm browse ebay several times a day (I have about a dozen saved searches), and I'm not seeing any of these Ross. But then I turn off all annoying notifications.

It may be that you haven't turned off the marketing preferences.

If you go it to 'Account', then under 'Account Preferences', select 'Communication Preferences'.  Select 'Marketing Communications' and turn off all options.  That should hopefully fix it, and you can resume your leisurely browsing. 

Thank you. I've turned off 'offers to buyers'. Hopefully that has corrected it.

I hate annoying ads. I can't watch YouTube on my TV as the ads every 5 minutes drive me crazy - I watch it on my PC using uBlock add-on, so I don't see any ads at all. I just turned uBlock off on this site to see what I'm missing - there's ads all over the place !

Edited by mikepilk
  • Like 1