Who is redoing the tritium tubes

Hello! Anybody have any idea of who is replacing the tritium tubes? I have a watch i wear strictly when im out running heavy equipment or on the fires and its an old Tawatec EOD divers watch and the "Trigalight tritium" tubes are not lighting up any longer.  If i hold  a bright flashlight on them some of them light up for few seconds at best so figure its time to have dial redone.   

I know on my Rolex Subs and Dwellers its a different type of illumination and i thought the Tawatec used tubes and not paint or painted markers etc. 

Anyhow, any help would be great as this watch is still in fantastic working condition as looks solid still so would like to get it done. 

Thank in advance for any help!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Do you think there's space to fit anything under that hand? I'm surprised it was even running and not scraping the dial to bits.
    • If you've got some tool steel rod, something like 2 mm, shape the end like a screwdriver and beat it flat on an anvil with a hammer it will work harden the tips and they will be really slim. Finish them off on some wet and dry and you've got some really good slim hand removers. I use mine I made for things just like this. They will find the smallest gap and open it up. I buy my tool steel from these guys https://www.groundflatstock.com/ Brilliant for making tools and parts. always good to have a supply of 2, 3 and 5 mm rod. I buy tool steel sheet from elsewhere to make things like yokes and setting lever springs. Great as collet removal tools as well!  They chip every now and then but I just hone it back. I've been using these for over seven years now
    • The ball might work, if not you need a screw down case opener. The bench mounted ones are the best rather than the hand held ones, and the chinese clone of a Bergeon one I got was about 1/10th the price and works great. 
    • You can now see why you part a lot of money for these and where that money goes, especially the exceptional engineering. They practically service themselves and results are truly amazing. Here's a 3035 from this week. As you can see from the second to last pic, the hairspring was in a right tangled mess. Either someone had tried taking it out and back in again, or the watch had taken quite a hard tumble. I'm guessing the latter. The last pic is the carnage that someone inflicted on the case trying to get the bezel off! Jeez! That is one deep groove! Even one of the bridges had the part number scratched into it. Classy!