Complete Novice Seeking Advice

Ford

Hello fellow members, I am a complete novice with regards to watch repairs,  I have replaced a couple of movements for battery watches and I’m fairly good with intricate tasks so I’m considering attempting to replace the mainspring on a small Omega watch from around the 1960’s….   I’m not sure  if this is something that would be way beyond my capabilities or whether it’s even worth attempting?   I would appreciate any advice  with regards to this and if there are any posts or forums etc already available on your site I would love to be directed to them…. I’ve had a quick browse but it’s a bit overwhelming for someone who is not conversant in horology and its terminology.  I really need an idiot proof step by step guide if there is one available?  Many thanks, N Ford

• Like 1

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to this friendly forum.

We all look forward to your contributions and continued involvement. 

If there is anything we can help you with don’t be afraid to ask. Nice clear photos can help a lot.

I don't want to seem rude. You have very little experience and to tackle a ladies Omega is not recommended until you have at leased serviced  Gents movements and get to understand them, they are bigger so it will be easier for you to work on.   Omega watches are high grade movements and you could damage the movement beyond repair. I would put it to one side until you have more experience.      

• Like 2