Hello

mauricio

Hi,

I am Mauricio a Mexican living in Norway. I'm trying to get more serious about tinkering and working with watches. I always loved and got intrigued by watches and other machines. I always found myself looking into my grandfather's watches as a kid. Now I have some of my own and inherited those I used to look at and now trying to maintain them, fix them and increase my collection.

I always loved the self-taught approach and trying that with watches. So after some reading, watching tutorials and restoring videos, I successfully made some small fixes and upgrades to my quartz watches (new or polishing crystals, new quartz movement replacement, ultrasonic cleaning and of course new straps 😄 ) I decided to invest more into it and progress now with mechanical watches (some from that inheritance).

Have got into this forum looking for info on a movement I am working on. An old Royce (I think it was an old new stock)  I got gifted by a neighbour (a former jeweller) some 20 years ago, I never actually used it since I thought it was not my style at the time, and always had some problems setting the time on it but now I am trying to fix it (seems like the clutch slips ?). Here is a picture of my progress.

Looking forward to getting more active around here.

Cheers

IMG_5891.jpeg

IMG_5890.jpeg

Welcome to the forum.

You're probably best starting a new post in the relevant section of the forum requesting help and giving more details on the fault.

In the mean time if you've not already got them, here's the details for your AS 2066 movement.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/645_as2060,1,2,6,4,6.pdf

Edited by AndyGSi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyGSi said:

Welcome to the forum.

You're probably best starting a new post in the relevant section of the forum requesting help and giving more details on the fault.

In the mean time if you've not already got them, here's the details for your AS 2066 movement.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.cousinsuk.com/PDF/categories/645_as2060,1,2,6,4,6.pdf

Hi, thanks for the welcome and the movement info. Yes I probably should create a thread for this, just wanted to add something besides “hi” to the introduction.

• Like 2