I want to try repainting the watch dial. 
But I have a few problems. 
In some watch dials, the substance is centered around the dial. How do you actually do that? Also is there lacquer available in transparent colors? Or is there a color die that can be mixed with normal clear lacquer?
I can make numbers and other letters with waterslide decal. But I want to know how to make the background color.
I like the watch dial below...

IMG_7726.jpeg

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

There is a hell of a lot that goes into restoring watch dials. It's not something that paint and a brush can fix.  I suggest you look at a few videos on Youtube that is if you can put up with the bloody adverts. Get a downloader and it cuts the crap out. 

If you add the app Ublock (it's free) to your web browser, you will see no adverts at all on Youtube. I couldn't watch Youtube without it.

I forgot to adda link  https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm

Edited by mikepilk
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 12:38 AM, oldhippy said:

There is a hell of a lot that goes into restoring watch dials. It's not something that paint and a brush can fix.  I suggest you look at a few videos on Youtube that is if you can put up with the bloody adverts. Get a downloader and it cuts the crap out. 

How to search on you tube. What are the keywords?

4 minutes ago, Ageera said:

How to search on you tube. What are the keywords?

Have a look for “Kirk Rich” they have dial restoration videos and they are a company who does dial restoration 

Tom

• Like 1