ETA 2892-A2 problem

Andy1962

Hello everybody,

I'm a new one in this forum. I have a ETA 2892-A2 movement got problem.

The movement sometime work great but suddenly lose speed, the balance run slow obviously.

I disassembly the movemment , wash and assembly it , but same. Pls see the attached photos.

Does anybody can tell me what is the problem?

Thank you,

normal.jpg

unnormal.jpg

How suddenly does it encounter this problem (every 2 minutes? hour? 2 days?)? Do I understand right that it was doing this, and then you serviced it, and the issue remained unchanged?

How did you clean the movement?

Did the gear train run freely with the escapement out, with just a couple of clicks of wind, prior to oiling?

Did you service the barrel? If so, did you use proper braking grease on the barrel wall? (Kluber P125 or similar)

What lubricants did you use, and how were they applied?

Did you oil the pallet fork pivots? They should be unoiled, and spotless (the jewels too of course, and should be manually additionally cleaned in the hole with pegwood).

Are the balance jewels properly oiled?

Is the hairspring true and centered?

Is it demagnetized?

Any chance of some clear close up photos of the movement, in particular of the balance and hairspring?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy1962 said:

Does anybody can tell me what is the problem?

Interesting pictures on the timing machine? The problem with timing machine diagnostics is it's missing information a lot of times? Like for instance all the questions that were asked up above would be helpful for us to understand what's going on.

Then the classic question I like to ask is what is the prior history of the watch? Was it serviced before you is a brand-new movement and then there's probably a dozen other questions but we just need more information timing machine looks good in one and bad and the other and that's not enough to understand the problem other than it's definitely looking bad oh and when you have what's called the snow globe effect the numbers are worthless also they mean nothing. Oh I did think of a question when it's doing that how long does it do it and if you change the position of the microphone like I assume this is dial down changing to another position does anything change at all?

• Like 1